This year we planned out homemade gingerbread houses. I made the dough and Dylan drew the houses and we all worked together rolling and cutting.
We discovered our architectural skills were lacking when we went to put the roofs, they fell in! Our problem : we made them as long as the walls! which meant we had to make some renovations before the roof would stay on "top" of the house. We figured it out and with lots of icing they worked out pretty good.
Ed was watching us laughing away and being thankful Kelly did not build our house!
I will stick to gingerbread houses!
 |
| Decorating! Lots of candy and icing and sampling! |
 |
| Proud Russ |
 |
| Dylans finished house |
 |
| Tays done - just cleaning out the icing bag |
 |
| OH OH - we left them alone with their houses - the next day half gone |
 |
| "But they are so good" |
 |
| Mommy look candy storage |
Two days later there was nothing left - but I know they come by it honestly - gingerbread with icing and candy mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm good!
1 comment:
Yum! I bet your house smelled fabulous, with all that gingerbread cooking. I got a kit this year (shh! don't tell!)
Best thing about this post? The fact that we sat on my couch together and looked at these photos on your camera! That was the best Boxing Day ever :)
Post a Comment