School Sports Day!
I remember elementary school Sports Day at Happy Valley. We'd get bussed over to South Vancouver Island Rangers, and spend the day participating in all kinds of events. This time I got to watch, what a great way to spend the day, cheering for my boys as they give their all in different events in hopes of that blue ribbon. Below are a bunch of pictures I took throughout the day. The morning was taken up with the traditional sports day events - 100, 200 and 400m dash, long jump, shot put, high jump and a few others. Then we had a lunch put on by the CPAC which was BBQ hambugers, chips and pasta salad. The afternoon was full of fun games, three-legged race, sack race, tug of war and an obsticale course, between down pours of rain. Some of the kids got SO wet but they carried on and had so much fun!
Dylan racing his friend Michael for the finish line, Michael is just ahead and watching over his shoulder as Dylan was closing the gap! Action shot at hte long jump pit.
Russ and his friend Malcolm hamming it up for the camera
Three-legged race was hilarious to watch, Dylan and Mike had it mastered, but some of the kids could not get coordinated to pick up speed, they laughed all the way up and back!
I love this picture, Russ is teamed up with Shale, probably THE tallest kid in the school. At one point I heard Shale say to Russ, okay bud you're doing good, but near the end I am going to pick up and run! Too funny!

Anyone who knows Russell knows he hops everywhere, so the sack race was a cinch, he was up and back before some of the kids could get to the turn around point
And of course the TUG-O-WAR. First they split into their teams and each side won, then they had boys against girls, as you can see from the size of the boys, the girls had to really pour it on, so with a little help from Moms and teachers we whipped them. Then some of the Dads got involve, well they basically dragged all us girls across the field. What a great day. In all Dylan received 7 ribbons 3 firsts, he was so proud. I felt bad for Russ as the younger kids didn't get ribbons and he was most upset, but said he had a fun day anyway.







1 comment:
I loved sports day (even though I was the world's least sporty kid!). The bbq'd hamburgers, the freezies, the sunshine, all the parents cheering you on. So much fun!
Looks like a great community spirit at your little school. I'm so glad (but I really miss you at DC!!!)
Post a Comment