The afternoon of June 5 we headed up to Prince George to visit Mike, Sue and the girls and to pick out a freezer and stock up the pantry and meat supply.
We arrived about 4pm and were barely there 15minutes and Sue herded us out the door to start our shopping. She said I know you are here on a mission so lets’ go! We hit Costco and found the freezer right away and at a great price! I bought a 20kg bag of flour and a bunch of other BIG things and lots of meat to put in our new freezer. After Costco we went back for dinner and a visit. While Sue and Mike prepped dinner I chopped and packaged meat, 38 meals – yahoo - look at me go! After dinner Sue and I did a late night shopping trip to Superstore, stocking up on anything I could think of!
Sunday we participated in the Healthy Kids Day in PG. The YMCA put on a day of fun activities for kids, but first Dylan, Sue, Annika and Loey ran 3 laps around the track at the stadium to complete an equivalent of 40 km marathon. We tried al sorts of stuff from art to wheelchair basketball to football to bouncy castles and face painting. It was a beautiful day and the kids had so much fun! During this time Mike and Ed made a trip to Princess Auto for odds and ends and then out for lunch.
We ended our day with a big Ice cream cone and headed back to rearrange the trailer and head back home, with our stores.Around La Lac Hache we drove into some black clouds pouring rain and blowing wind with a rainbow flowing out of the clouds.







No comments:
Post a Comment