Last night we had a flurry or should I said furry of activity that lasted until the morning. At about 4am I was listening to, what sounded like, an animal chewing on paper. Ed got up to use the bathroom, so I said can you check and see who is chewing on the paper. When he looked down Honey was playing with a live mouse in our bedroom. Ed quickly got a towel and threw the mouse and towel out the window. Thinking all was over we went back to sleep. During this time Honey had a new surprise. I was cleaning up Taylers room, and trying to figure out what these tiny little black things were. Well, they belonged to the visitor that was hiding in Taylers Pop up tent. While I was trying to get the table out of the tent (that Tay and Russ had put in ), out ran a large furry thing. I SCREAMED. Ed came running and got everything under control - because I was NOT dealing with it. We figured out it was a flying squirrel, when it jumped off the stump Ed had placed it on, spread its "wings" and ran up a tree. We still can't figure out how she got it, shes pretty fat to be chasing squirrels.
It had the BIGGEST eyes.
Unfortunately this picture is so dark you can hardly see it but hes hanging off one of the light switches by the front door.
Well, I am going to bed now and hoping we don't have anymore night time visitors. Right now Honey is sleeping on the back of the couch, I hope she doesn't have the energy for hunting tonight!


2 comments:
Yikes! It's like that scene in The Great Outdoors where there's a squirrel or something in the cabin and everyone is shrieking and leaping up onto furniture and generally freaking out!
You should move back to Victoria. Things like that don't generally happen down here. And also, I would live right around the corner, so if some beastie got in, you could always come stay at mine until Ed had dealt with it!
(just kidding... but when are you coming down? I miss you!)
xo
hahaha, Erin your comment made me laugh, it does sound a lot like that movie! Between your furry nighttime tales and Erin's quick witted comments I'm giggling away here. She has a very good point Kelly, things like that don't usually happen down here :-)
Glad to see your kitchen is coming along nicely.
Post a Comment