Pages

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Inside the house

Here are a couple veiws of the inside of our house


Of course our master bedroom with big bay window its about three times larger than the one in Victoria. And the window over looks the valley and across to Forest Grove. This was taken the day after we got back from Victoria, what a mess!!!


The kids are bunking with us for now in our bedroom, they are right beside our bed. Three little bugs in a rug. At the head of the middle bed, we will put in french doors to a small deck. Ed designed an inverted bay window, so the deck is under the cover of the roof- I can't wait to sit out there with tea and a good book in the summer evenings.


This is the kitchen, still very rustic but a little organizing and I will have a bit more room. Our dining room is beside to the right, there will be french doors to the back deck, that looks towards the same valley as the master bedroom.


Living room. This is looking from the base of the stairs and to the right is the kitchen. The fireplace puts out amazing heat!! When its loaded you can only sit on the harth for a few minutes and then you have to move away from the heat!!!



My office Yahoo - I finally have a place to spread out all my work stuff and I don't have to put it away from little fingers!!! The desk is very much a throw together - can you tell! Its shimmed with bits of drywall and the top is hardiboard. BUT it works for me!!!Out the window, you can see a flat bit of snow - that is on the cabin roof, shows how close the cabin is.


This is looking from the fireplace upstairs, to the far right is my office. The top of the window in the centre is Taylers room and as you go left you pass the bathroom and then to our room. The living room has vaulted ceilings that go to a beam in the center of the house (that is what the ladder is leaning against and it is the top of the roof from the outside.
I hope this helps to visualize the inside. We are so happy to be moved in, even if its still rustic. Ed and I were sitting by the fire this afternoon saying how great it is to stretch out on the sofa and and have all the warm space.

1 comment:

Erin {pughs' news} said...

I love the window in your office! So lovely!