Pages

Friday, May 14, 2010

New Visitors

For my birthday I stocked up on some birdy stuff. I bought this Hummingbird Feeder and a 40 lb bag of seed for the hungry guys.  This feeder has caused a bit of a stir though. The little guy on the left has claimed it as his own and won't let any other bird near it. He waits in a nearby tree, just to chase everyone away.  He went after Ed the other day and dive bombed him, because Ed got too close for the little guys comfort.  It has been quite entertaining and now I am thinking I should probably get another one for all the other Hummingbirds around.
We have started getting quite the variety of birds come to the feeders and fat I put out.  We are slowly trying to figure what kinds they are but its hard when they move sooooo fast! So far we have had Hairy Woodpeckers, Pileated Woodpecker, Chickdees, Nuthatches and purple Finch (pretty good for someone who does know much about birds)

1 comment:

Erin {pughs' news} said...

You might not know much, but you're learning pretty fast!

Great photos. I'm impressed you managed to catch them in action.

We're all very excited to see you guys. Only 5 more days!
xo