Pages

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Fall fishing trip

A couple weekends ago we decided to head out to Spanish lake for breakfast, some fishing and a bit of hunting along the shoreline and the road.
Spanish Lake is located on the edge of Wells Grey Provincial Park, east and a bit south of us. Its about an hour and a half on logging roads from our house and well worth the drive!



View of the lake from the road - I really wanted to go to the little island but when we got there it was pretty soggy!

View up the lake from the teeny tiny little beach

There is a little (I stress little) waterfall at the tree line - we went fishing there and Ed had to keeping paddling so we didn't go for a ride!


Shayleigh watching the fishing lines hit the water - she loves riding in the boat!

Shayleigh on the bow. At one point we pulled up to shore and she jumped out before I could stop her, right into the MUD - EWWWW, so I had her sit up on the bow of the boat so she couldn't get my shoes soaked.  She sat there for 45 minutes it was so cute. As you can see she barely fits there I put one of the paddles under her bum so she wouldn't fall off backwards

Taylers picture of Dad and the boys. Dad was listening for Moose - he really wanted to bring one home - thank goodness we didn't because I'm really not sure how we would have gotten it home in the car and the trailer with the boat on it

Hanging out on our little beach - we build a fire and had pancakes and hot chocolate, it was so nice

Yippy I got one!
They got three in total - Dylan 1,  Daddy 2

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That looks gorgeous! I can't wait to get back up there! Jo