Today was beautiful summer day mixed with accomplishments and fun.
Ed left very early this morning to work in Duncan and because the kids went to bed around 10:30 the night before they didn't get out of bed till 9. So I was able to almost finish painting their room (they had camped out on the living room floor)
Once they finally got up and had breakfast they raced out to play with the nieghbour kids. Around 11:30 we all (me, 5 kids and two dogs) headed up to a very quiet cul-de-sac minutes from our house, so they could ride bikes and skateboards for an hour. It was great, the dogs and I sat in the shade of a little tree and I watched 5 kids run back and forth in the summer sun.
I wish I had taken my camera because they were all taking turns on Codys (neighbour)new skateboard. One would sit on it and the others would push it and run beside it. Tayler looked so sweet with her little pony tail flying and a big grin while the kids ran around her in case she went off course.
When we came home I decided today would be a great day to rip out the carpet in the kids room too. So I spent the rest of the afternoon doing that while the kids continued to play, oh and they went to get slurpees too -a must for a hot summer day
Ed came home around 4:30 exhausted, so I decided I didn't want to make dinner - so we went to one of our favorite restaurants -MyChosin Cafe. SOOOOO Yummy. We had a lovely dinner and the kids had ice cream cones after, Tayler decided her flavour of choice was licorice - so here she is with her flavour of choice

Isn't she a cutey! Kisses anyone?!?!?!
Behind MyChosin they have a Critter Corner with goats, ducks, bunnies and chickens. So while they were finishing their Ice cream we went down and said hello to the critters.
After dinner Erin and I went for a lovely walk then came back for scones and ice cold water - it was 10:30 and we were chatting on the front lawn - how nice is that for a summer evening - wonderful!
1 comment:
Great walk! And yummy scone. Thank you!
Post a Comment