I brought the kids to work last saturday so we could leave for Salmon Arm right after work. They were all so good, the kids played a very long mining game (MegaMiner) on the computer while I did paperwork, it worked out reallly good.
Since we receive dry ice with shipments of frozen product, we decided to do some experiments once all the deliveries were done. So among everything else going on, the kids went off to find a bucket, filled some bottles with water and became scientists for a couple hours.
| Tay with her smoking bucket notice the gloves! |
Things we learned:
We learned the hotter the water the more steam the dry ice created, we also learned dry ice so cold that it will burn your skin if you touch it (notice the gloves on Tay in the first picture) and it will freeze the water around it, creating a bubble which will make it stop steaming until you pull it out and break away the ice.
PS : I also know that you can explode a bottle when you put a bit of dry ice and water in it and close the lid. Pressure builds up and KABOOM!!! But i didn't dare tell the boys this!
1 comment:
You are a WAY more fun mom than me! That is awesome.
PS: I miss you!!!
Post a Comment