We have been having so many thunderstorms its crazy! We could hear this one rumbling for hours before it came. I really wanted to take pictures of the clouds, but they weren't as dramatic as I thought, but still pretty!
When the storm finally came it lasted well into the night, the kids were nervous of the flashes for a while but got over it.
Last night, I was invited to a Blue Grass concert at the 108 Church. Tay and I were very excited, so we dressed up in blouses and skirts and headed out with a sweater each if it got cold. On our way there we drove through a downpour so bad I could hardly see the car in front of me. We arrived ahead of the rain so we sat down to listen, but the thunder became so loud we could hardly hear anything. My friend Bev turned to me and said Meet you at Timmys? you're on! So Tay and I raced to the car in a downpour - I was wearing flipflops - if you have ever run in wet flipflops you know its almost impossible so off they came and we RAN. By the time we got to the car we were dripping wet!
Tea at Timmys was a welcome warm up after that! We had a nice visit while watching the rain and lightning from indoors.
When I got home I asked Ed if the storm went over head and he said one flash was just in front of the house - way to close for comfort - nothing happened Thank Goodness, but freaky !
1 comment:
Ugh. I hate wet flip-flops!
Tea at Timmy's would be just the thing to warm you up after that. Second only to tea at Starbucks of course :)
Post a Comment