Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Easter weekend (Part 2)

After we went to dinner at Erin and Alans, I headed out with my friend Bev for some visiting and late night shopping - at midnight I was EXHAUSTED and had to go to bed.

Sunday morning the Easter Bunny had followed us to Victoria - whew! the kids ran around looking for baskets and eggs, while Ed and I sleepily watched them race about.  At 9:30 Jessie arrived to spend the day with Tay and I left to spend the day with Hayley and Matt at the stables where Hayley rides!
It was so much fun - we brushed horses, cleaned stalls, filled the water buckets in all the stalls and swept out the barn together - it was so much fun! After all her barn chores were done she headed out to the ring to ride with the other girls - it was soooooo cute
Hayley and her pony Junebug

I love this picture she looks so small compared to the horse beside her, but she is the perfect size for Junebug
 After Hayley rode around in the ring for almost an hour she unsaddled Junebug and went off to help her friends with their horses, so Matt and I went for a trail ride - it was so much fun! I had a very fast walking horse and Matt had Bud that figured Matt would like to ride through all the low hanging branches. It was great we were gone for about an hour (or seemed like it) we laughed pretty much the whole way there and back.
Matt and Bud
When we arrived back the horse I was riding went back out on the trail and Matts horse was just hanging around so I decided I would ride a bit more in the ring.
Me and Bud
Me and Bud cantering - so much fun but, man did I pay for that for a few days! VERY VERY stiff legs!
That evening was big Easter dinner - soooooooooooooo yummy! and a few birthday presents - and this was also Dylans 10th birthday! He thought it was great to share his day with the Bunny Wabbit!

I was not quick enough with my camera and here they are waiting for the cake and candles to come around the corner.

I tried making Easter hats with Tayler and Jessie, but all the exctiement we finished one and half finished another - I haven't made Easter hats in FOREVER!  Tay modeled the finished oneand Jess took home the half finished one.

Hope your Easter was as fun as ours
Part 3 coming soon to a computer near you (sorry couldn't resist)

No comments: