Christmas Eve I had to work in the afternoon, so the kids and I spent the morning getting little things done and preparing for Santa. I went to work around 12:30 and the kids and Ed hung out till I got home. I made a super quick dinner and we went over to Bev and Jasons for appies and snow fun. We had the Christmas Eve Olympics, timing the kids to see how fast they could get to the bottom of the hill on their sleds then on skies (crouched but not buckled in) then they had a snow ball throwing contest - after all the games they were given prizes (presents) we had a wonderful time and headed for home around 10:30 to wait for "The big Guy" The kids were soooooooooooooooooooooo excited I didn't thin they would go to sleep, but lo and behold 10 minutes later there was silence and snoring.
Christmas morning Dylan woke us up at 7:45 super excited about the preses under the tree - " you should see it mom the tree is overflowing!" They had opened the stockings that were hung at the end of their beds and Santa had filled them with gifts and chocolates. It was very hard to keep from ripping and tearing everything in sight but they were pretty good and keep it to a minimum.
 |
| Ohhhh Ahhhh looking at those presents - and the dust! |
 |
| Yeah my cement truck!!!!!! |
 |
| So many presents so little time |
 |
| Talking to Chris. |
The weekend before Christmas my oven decided to stop working and we had not isolated the problem till Dec23 so I was in panic mode - how am I going to cook a turkey??? Luckily Christmas Eve the part came up on the bus and Ed replaced it Christmas day and voila beautiful turkey dinner- whew!
 |
| MMMMMMMMMMMMMM Turkey! |
 |
I will fill the glasses
|
We had a wonderful Christmas and the kids loved playing with all their new toys all day long! And this year we spent the whole Christmas int he house - last year we had not moved in yet so it was very cold and once the presents were opened the kids were back to the warmth of the cabin. The changes over one year are mind boggling!
Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!
1 comment:
The Christmas Eve Olympics? I love it!
So happy you had such a nice Christmas at home... how lucky that Ed fixed the oven just in time to cook the turkey dinner!
Happy New Year, Kelly!
xoxo love & big hugs,
Erin
Post a Comment