Pages

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Eds fishing holiday



A couple weekends ago Ed and a friend took three days and went fishing out on Quesnel lake.  The scenery was absolutely beautiful and they saw some amazing places along the lake shore. 
The shoreline was very diverse from beautiful sandy beaches to rock jutting straight up out of the water.
Jasons friends cabin at the east end of Quesnel lake.  Jason and Bev spent 5 weeks here one year for a vacation.  Since then it was ransacked by a grizzly bear.  Too close for comfort for me.

I don't know the name of these falls but Ed said you could hear and feel them for miles along the lake. You can kind of get a sense of the size from the trees along the shoreline at the base of the falls.
  
Eds BIG fish!
Sunset on the night they left.

The kids and I had a bit of fun among the chores we had to do. We all had a sleep over at Bev and Jasons and had a yummy waffle breakfast.  We went to town and did all the chores landry grocery, shopping, banking and then came home and hung out together. The night Ed and Jason came back we had a big dinner at their house and heard all the tales of the weekend. 

2 comments:

Charlotte Short said...

Hi Kelly!

I just looked through your blog (I haven't been on in awhile) and I love all the pics!! Taylor is so cute, loved her "hello" video and you just sound so happy right now in your life. I can't believe it's been a year already since we've seen you and I miss you so much but I am so glad that you and Ed are living your dream and I sure hope that one day, I will get to see it in person! Miss you so much...we must talk on the phone soon! Let me know when is the best time to give you guys a ring, ok? Love always, Charlotte :)

PS - say hello to Ed and the kids for me :)

Erin {pughs' news} said...

Wonderful! What a gorgeous lake. Those falls are breathtaking! Ed looks so happy with his big fish!

Sounds like you have made some good friends up there. I'm so glad. If I can't have you around, at least someone else is able to enjoy your company!

Missing you all the time,
E xoxo