Pages

Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Parties and other things







We have been very busy over the last few weeks. We have made countless (or at least it seems that way) cookies for a surprise party for my Grandmas 80th birthday. I don't think I can look at another cookie recipe for a while. As for the party, it was a huge success!! My mom and aunt did most of the planning and organizing, but we (the boys and I ) were in charge of making the variety of cookies (they were in heaven - mom was making cookies every couple of days!!!) When we counted how many people were confirmed coming it was over 140 !!! Can you imagine all these people came to see my grandma for her birthday - It was a wonderful feeling, so many people from all parts of her life were there to celebrate with her. The party was held in Brentwood where she has lived most of her life (right from childhood) Unfortunately I didn't take alot of pictures during the party but here are a few of the clean up - as you can tell all three of them were having fun helping to clean up.




Today was my volunteer day at Dylans kindergarten - I love doing this, its so neat to see what they are doing in the class, and to keep tabs on the kids - whos whos so to speak. Anyway today they were having an assembly for the community quilts each class designed - I sewed the kindergarten blocks together so it was neat to see how proud the kids were of their quilts. Also in the assembly was a recognition for reading at home - Dylan was called up and recognized and then called again because he won a book draw - he was so cute standing in front of the school with his hands in his pockets - as if to say GET ME OUTTA HERE!!! But he got a new book which we read before bed tonight. I was a proud mommy today well - everyday I'm a proud mommy but today I got to see my little guy recognized in front of the school!




Russell and I have been doing some renovating - yes I said Russell. We have torn out a BIG cabinet and Ed is replacing it with a much smaller and more practical one. If you had been in our house before, just inside the front door was a gigantic counter that only served to collect ALOT of junk. After many months of talking about taking the cabinet out, I decided to take it upon myself to finally act on this and Russ helped. Now we have a much bigger kitchen and a regular sized doorway into the bedrooms.




Well time to go, we are counting down the days, till we head north to the cabin and also to Puntzie Lake, camping. We will be leaving on May 14 and back on the May 23. Take care, Love Kelly and the gang

1 comment:

Erin {pughs' news} said...

Kelly, I love the photo of Tayler pushing all those tables!

Dylan likes the photos with the swings. Which makes me think, we should head to the park soon so the kids can run off some steam! It's been ages since we went together...

See you tonight for Blizzard Cake! Yum!

PS: Excellent commentary. I loved the bit about the school assembly.