Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

Baling a Bale

Our Friend Owen getting the truck into position for the roll off!
 
I bought a big round bale of hay for Spice from the ranch down the road to start stockpiling for winter feeding.  When we bought the last round bale we lost alot of hay to rain, so this time we decided to square bale the round bale - try saying that 5 times fast! It was hilarious we rolled it off the truck and down the hill, set up the tractor and baler and off we went! 

The boys were all over it, rolling and rolling - sometimes it was hard because there was a flat side so they would have to run at it and PUSH with all their might!

Smaller and Smaller as it went

Jumping fun!

Tayler is in there! you can just see her hair

After counting children off we went baling away! Owen and I had to fluff up the hay as it bogged down the baler. Poor Owen worked so hard on his first day off in a month!
Look at all those square bales!

23 bales later we headed back to the house for a weiny roast - for a job well done!

1 comment:

Erin {pughs' news} said...

Yay! I love when you've written a new blog post! Good thinking to switch to square bales, even though the round ones are so much prettier...

When are we having a phone date? Soon, I hope! I promise to write you a letter this week too, while I still have time to breathe!!!