Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2011

My disaster

I can't resist I have to show you our living conditions at the moment.  As most of you know drywalling is messy and mudding and sanding is even worse!

Taylers Room, everything pushed to the centre of the room and covered with a tarp.  The side windows of the bay window in her room have yet to be cut out, that is what the little square is to the right of the picture


Our room looking to the bay window. The tarp in the foreground is covering two dressers, my hope chest and all our clothes, the far tarp is covering our bed which is piled high with kid beds. Night Routine sweep up dust on floor lay down mats for kids to sleep on, next morning get everyone up, put all beds up on ours and cover with a tarp.  Doesn't sound that bad but do that for a month and a half and it gets really frustrating.

Scaffolding has been in our living room for months now, so I started making use of it - its great for drying laundry!
Triples as an indoor jungle gym for kids

Couch and TV in the dining room to help control the layer of dust - biggest problem with this the dining room is a cold area in our house - far away from the fireplace!

Dylan and Russells room are the same, in that, all the toys and furniture are in the centre of the room covered in a fine layer of dust.

On the bright side of all this we will soon be able to paint and move the kids back to their own rooms - life will get back to some sort of normal. 
I am excited to get past this part of building - soon !

1 comment:

Erin {pughs' news} said...

It's going to be fabulous Kelly, but I totally feel your pain. I remember drywalling the suite several years ago, and then there's the hellish living room reno of just a few months ago... still very fresh in my mind!

Can't wait to see it all painted :)

Excellent skype chat last night. Must do it again soon!
xoxo