I tried to send her outside while I waited for my tea to steep, but she was having no part of that.
The kids and I have been draining Lake Kelsey. After three days, it has finally receded to the size of a large puddle. Soon I will be able to bring the car back in and park it beside the house. Right now, when the sun comes out and the temperature rises, the mud is so deep I am afraid I will get it in, but I won't be able to drive it out.
This is my future veggy garden. If you use ALOT of imagination you will see my peas, beans, potatoes, carrots, lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, cucumber, pumpkins, squash, parsnips (much to everyone else disguist) Oh and don't forget the VERY VERY VERY Tall fence to keep the deer and other veggy eating critters out!
So, tea cup in hand I went outside with her and Cody, so they wouldn't wake anyone else up. As you can see she is FULL of P & V in the morning!
The birds are singing and chirping all around. It was really peaceful. The temperature this morning is -4 so all the puddles have a thin layer of ice, I still love stepping on the ice and watching it crack, thats the kid inside me.


After I took this picture Shayleigh put her paw beside my foot and cracked the ice too.
The kids and I have been draining Lake Kelsey. After three days, it has finally receded to the size of a large puddle. Soon I will be able to bring the car back in and park it beside the house. Right now, when the sun comes out and the temperature rises, the mud is so deep I am afraid I will get it in, but I won't be able to drive it out.
This will soon be our front lawn. Last fall we spread a mixture of grass seed on it, and this year I bought a couple packs of wildflower seeds, I can't wait to throw them out there too. I can already picture it, all the color of the flowers mixed with different shades of green. And, I will have beautiful flowers to decorate my tables.
This is my future veggy garden. If you use ALOT of imagination you will see my peas, beans, potatoes, carrots, lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, cucumber, pumpkins, squash, parsnips (much to everyone else disguist) Oh and don't forget the VERY VERY VERY Tall fence to keep the deer and other veggy eating critters out!

2 comments:
LOVE it Kelly!! Hope you'll stop in for a hello when your here.
What a wonderful post. I can totally see the front yard full of tall grasses and wildflowers, the garden full of vegetables...
I love that you took a photo of your teacup, too!
Can't wait to see you. It has been WAY too long.
love you!
E xoxo
Post a Comment