Pages

Sunday, September 14, 2008

My artists at the fair and school news.









My three artists received awards from the Luxton Fair this past weekend for their wonderful drawings. Dylan received 2nd place and Russ and Tayler received First. They were so excited to find out they not only received ribbons but money too. It was really fun to go back - I haven't been in years and Ed has never been. As a kids Matt and I used to enter stuff in and win ribbons - so much fun. Ed and the boys were very interested in the old tractors and machinery and I love walking around the exhibits and looking at all the pieces of history. At one barn the kids were able to mill oats by hand they thought that was really cool.
The photos are of Tayler helping make cookies - she received 4 "princess dresses" from our neighbour and she really likes this one with all the flowers and ruffles. She has been seen out in the shop "helping daddy" in all her frills and finery.
Well we have jumped right back into school and the boys have transitioned great (remember Dylans school Glenlake Elementary, closed in June) new everything, but they are doing really well. Dylan is in a 2-3 split with a his best friend Travis and I have met the teacher on a few occasions, as she is a close friend of one of my friends, that aside, she is really nice. Russell is okay in kindergarten I think it will take a few more weeks to be really comfortable with everyone. He really loves his teacher, Ms. Bell and I do too. She was Dylans teacher at Glenalake and I was so happy when she got a job at the school where all the kids were going. All in all its going great. Another wonderful thing about this school is a very close friend of mine is the librian, its a real comfort knowing she is there with the kids, Dylan and Russell also found great comfort in this as well.
All in all everything is going well
see you soon Kelly and the DRT Gang

1 comment:

Erin {pughs' news} said...

I'm glad it makes the boys (and you) feel better knowing I'm somewhere in the school, too! I love having them there :~)
Erin xo