August has been so busy, most of the time I couldn’t remember what day it was.
The Monday after Rick and Jos wedding we went to their house for lunch, it was nice to visit again and have a relaxing afternoon. A couple days later Christine and I took the kids to Butterfly World with Taya, Ollie and Greg (Jos sister and family). We had a great time, the kids loved pointing out the butterflies and trying to catch them. We also found flamingos and a Kiwi (I think) For lunch we went to the Red Barn and had a sandwich (which was a new experience for Taya and Ollie)
The following Sunday we had a huge family dinner – 23 people Kelseys and Mounces combined – it was loads of fun and the weather was great so everyone lounged outside and visited.
We took the kids into Victoria and wandered around, then went over to Heathers (Eds Cousin) for tea. When we arrived Jeff (her brother) was there from Calgary so it was nice to see him and catch up. We had lunch in Goldstream park with Leanne and the girls, then walked up to see the waterfall. Thrusday Christine headed for Pender and we started packing for 100 mile. I worked that evening – came home finished packing so we could be off on the 7 am ferry.
We met Jeff again on the ferry to Vancouver, so we hung out in the kiddy area (I’m sure that was a first for Jeff – teehee) We met up with Christine coming over from Pender and headed for the cabin. When we arrived my friend Sue was setting up her trailer for the weekend (it was her birthday weekend so she came down to hang out) Ed was able to get the ceiling in the cabin put up with the help of Uncle Brian (they came in the driveway as Christine was headed out for Calgary – what timing!!!) We left a couple days later but not without having a breaky at Timmys with Brian and Kathy – then they headed north and we headed south for home. It was all going good until I noticed my purse was nowhere to be found. We called up to Tim Hortons and they had it waiting for me. When we got home I made a bunch of phone calls to couriers to organize getting it back .But we decided the bus would be the quickest, within 24 hours it was back all intact (thank goodness)
Since arriving home, we have been going full tilt. Both of us have been working a lot not to mention planning a bridal shower, going to my cousins wedding, and trying to keep up our routine of going for walks and out to the library and to the park.
Dylan and I have been school supply shopping for grade 1, next week I have to get some stuff for Russells school too. I think they are both looking forward to it.
Anyway that is the shorten version of August, now maybe I can keep up better – well who knows with school starting we will be busy going back and forth to two schools – should be interesting.
No comments:
Post a Comment