Pages

Friday, June 29, 2007

My Latest Project




I wanted to share these pictures of the last quilt I made for Dylans Kindergarten teacher. It was really easy and it turned of beautiful. The participation from the kids made the quilt extra special. When we gave it to Ms Bell she cryed and Ms Ellwood was equally touched with her wall hanging.
To give an idea of how easy it was here is what I did.
First, I sent around a piece of cotton fabric to all the kids so they could draw a picture and write their name. Make sure fi you do this it is in Crayola crayons as there is more dye and less was (the colors won't fade as much)
Next the kids picked a fabric design to border their square.
Once I received them all back - I ironed out the wax from the crayons, sewed the borders on and put it all together.
When I was getting fabrics back I wasn't sure how it was going to look - the designs that were chosen for the borders were all so different. When I was talking to one of the parents she said the personalities of the kids will come out in the finished product - and was she ever right!! I was so happy with how it looked when it was finished.
The second pictures is a wall hanging we made for the assistant teacher - Ms Ellwood. The class photo was photocopied onto fabric and the checkered border, are the fabrics the kids picked out for the Ms Bells(teacher) quilt and then as you can see on the bottom the kids all signed it in permanent marker.
I hope you enjoy them. I am really happy with how they turned out.

No comments: